Tips and Tricks
Mon, May 11 2015 04:20
Fri, May 8 2015 06:43
Sun, Oct 5 2014 12:19
Sun, Oct 5 2014 12:19
One of the most commonly asked questions we get in support is from customers who bought a new computer or want to share their collection with an other My Art Collection user and need to transfer their collection. With My Art Collection you can easily import data from a collection file. Here is how that is done.
On the computer that has the most recent collection.
1. Open My Art Collection 3.0
2. Go to File/Save a Copy as and save a copy of the MyArt.fmp12 data file to your hard drive or flash drive.
3. Move the file to the computer you wish it share the collection with.
4. Launch My Art Collection 3.0 on the other computer.
5. Go To File/Import form My Art Collection 2.0/3.0
7. Click replace Records if you'd like to replace the existing collection or add records if you'd like to add records to your collection.
Your data will be imported.
Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:52
Now that you have your collection organized, you are going to want to find what you want when you want it. Performing searches in My Art Collection is probably the most used feature of all and luckily for you it is also easy as well as powerful.
Here are three of the most common ways to search like a pro:
1. Quick Find
Sometimes you just need a quick and dirty search. Not too complicated, and to the point. If that is your desire then the Quick Search is the first arrow in your search quiver. So if you need a one word search and you don't know the exact field you want to find it in this is a great start as it will search all fields at once and give you back results.
Pros: It is easy. Great for general searches to try and locate an item.
Cons: Could take a while if you have a lot of records. It casts a big net and looks at every field at once. So if you are looking for a keyword that is generic and that could be found in any field, you could end up with a list of records that is more then you need.
Thu, Jul 24 2014 10:44
Do you have multiple records by the same artist and want to make a change to the address of the artist all at once? If so use the new "Sync Artist Data" button on the Artist Screen.
To do that:
1. Go to the Art Detail Screen.
2. Go to the Artist screen.
4. Click on the ""Sync Artist Data" button then click on the "Sync Artist Data Now" button and your records will all be synced.
NOTE: If the record you are on has an artist with multiple art records in your collection the "Sync Artist Data" button will appear. If there is only one record associated with that artist no button will display.